Any way to get the framework to output HTML4.01 instead of XHTML?

Alan Silver

Hello,

Is there any way to get the framework to output HTML4.01 instead of
XHTML? I only ask because there is little or no benefit to using XHTML
and as I have much more experience in HTML, I feel more comfortable
working with that.

I know the xhtmlConformance setting allows you to change the level of
XHTML, but what about changing to HTML?

TIA

Alan Silver

Brock said:
<xhtmlConformance mode="Legacy"/>

Are you sure that produces HTML4.01? if so, what level? MSDN is
particularly unhelpful on this setting and merely says...

"Reverts a number of rendering changes made for conformance to the v1.1
rendering behavior"

....which is useless!!

Thanks