anyone used master pages/themes

Stacey Levine

I am trying to develop an intranet site and thought I would use Master Pages
and themes. I found the the MS templates at
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/asp.net/aa336613.aspx and was trying to set
everything up. I created a Master page with three containers:
header, content, footer. I created another page and put a few things in the
content container. I set the theme option in the web.config. It appears to
be applying the theme to the labels that I set, but the background that
should be getting set for the header section isn't.
Does anyone have any ideas? Maybe a sample project using one of these
themes? Thanks.

Stacey

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Stacey,

Regarding on the Master page, it can help define some contentplaceholder
that can be override/custeomize in concrete page which applied this master
page. However, for Theme, it is always applying on concrete page(rather
than master page), or you can configure the Theme in web.config for all the
pages in this web application.

For the problem you mentioned (theme work for header section), would you
provide some further description? You may provide some template fragment of
your master page content, such as how to declare the label and the header
section that need to apply theme/skin.

BTW, for ASP.NET 2.0 Theme, are you using Theme or StyleSheetTheme? If
you're using StyleSheetTheme, make sure you haven't define default value
for any control's attribute in page template, this will cause the
StyleSheetTheme's value be overwrite.

Please feel free to post here if there is any other finding.

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

ications.

Stacey Levine

The main thing that I think is missing is the sample .master page for the MS
templates http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/asp.net/aa336613.aspx

The documentation for each template seems to be generic for all of them. I
would like to have seen a sample site for each... or at least a .master
page. I am having issues trying to get my master set up correctly to match
what the template intended.

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Thanks for your reply Stacey,

Not sure about the sample.master page you mentioned. Based on my local
test, for such a starter kit stie(the club site), it has a default.master
page for the whole web application. Is this the master page you need?