Changing themes using master pages

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by luminousc, Dec 6, 2006.

  1. luminousc

    luminousc Guest

    Hi guys,

    I've got a really annoying bug that I can't find a way around. I'm
    trying to rebuild our group's intranet. Which comprises of 4 individual
    companies, hence I want to use 4 different themes with skins. I really
    don't want to have to have 4 copies of the same master page just to get
    round the problem.

    The exact issue I'm having is this; in my app, when the user clicks
    the change theme link button that's in my master page I save the new
    theme name into the session. In the page's PreInit I set the theme.
    This is obviously too late because by the time the linkbutton's onclick
    method gets run, the PreInit for the loading page has already happened
    and the theme doesn't get shown until the page is refreshed a second
    time.

    Is there a way that I can have a link button in my master page that
    can change the theme before the next page is loaded?

    Cheers

    Luminousc

    luminousc, Dec 6, 2006