Changing themes using master pages

luminousc

Hi guys,

I've got a really annoying bug that I can't find a way around. I'm
trying to rebuild our group's intranet. Which comprises of 4 individual
companies, hence I want to use 4 different themes with skins. I really
don't want to have to have 4 copies of the same master page just to get
round the problem.

The exact issue I'm having is this; in my app, when the user clicks
the change theme link button that's in my master page I save the new
theme name into the session. In the page's PreInit I set the theme.
This is obviously too late because by the time the linkbutton's onclick
method gets run, the PreInit for the loading page has already happened
and the theme doesn't get shown until the page is refreshed a second
time.

Is there a way that I can have a link button in my master page that
can change the theme before the next page is loaded?

Cheers

Luminousc