Apache Jackrabbit can help me?

ismael

Hi all.

I need develop an application that need manage a file system structure. This
application will have some functions like block files, automatic file
names, versioning...
There is a lot of files for each project and each project have a file system
structure. The file structure is based on diferent templates.
The files must be stored in a server. Everybody can read the file system but
nobody can write. I wnat that only one user will write there.

I was learning about java content repository (JCR) and the apache jackrabbit
implementation but i dont know if is helpfull for me. I have some
questions:

Can i have the jackrabbit installed in a server and store the files in other
servers?
Can I use jackrabbit for manage the files in my own file system structure?

I dont know if i will have any benefits using JCR in my application.

Sorry if my english is not very good.

Thanks and regards.