Are there any free voice or audio codecs in VHDL ?

HansWernerMarschke

The Subject says it all. I´m looking for learning examples mainly
signal processing. Voice or audio is also a good thing for
demonstrations. Maybe it is not so hard to proof. If something is
going wrong you hear it.

ghelbig

The Subject says it all. I´m looking for learning examples mainly
signal processing. Voice or audio is also a good thing for
demonstrations. Maybe it is not so hard to proof. If something is
going wrong you hear it.

While there are advances in "analog" VHDL, I don't know of any D/A
implementations in VHDL.

If what you're really looking for is VHDL for the interface to a
CODEC, then Google for whatever interface your CODEC has (I2S is a
common one).

G.

jtw

I'm sure he is talking about the digital portion, as in ... there are many
codecs available for Windows. Reference http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codec.

JTW