Asking for references and suggestions(Help!)

universal_used

I am starting to program in C. However, I have some graphs(trees,
directed graphs) I want to display. I heard it would be ralatively easy
in JAVA(Is this true?), so I want to learn JAVA.

What is a good starting book for JAVA programming? What's the next book
concentrate a lot more on graphics(graphic display) for JAVA?

Thanks for any suggestion!!!

Oliver Wong

I am starting to program in C. However, I have some graphs(trees,
directed graphs) I want to display. I heard it would be ralatively easy
in JAVA(Is this true?), so I want to learn JAVA.

Yes, probably true. You'd have your tree implement the TreeModel
interface, and drop it into a JTree. See
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/uiswing/components/tree.html
What is a good starting book for JAVA programming?

Try http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/index.html
What's the next book
concentrate a lot more on graphics(graphic display) for JAVA?

Try http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/uiswing/index.html

- Oliver