asp.net can't see virtual directories?

Brent

Hi everyone. I go into IIS and create a virtual directory with
read/scripting permission/browse permission. I create the folder under
wwwroot say i called it temp. I make sure web sharing is on and anonymous
access is enabled. When i go into into visual studio.net and say browse web
project. I can not see the folder. But i can manually type in the folder say
localhost/temp. Does anyone know whats going on and know why i can't see the
folder?

thanks
Brent

Dave F.

The only thing I can think of is that you are logged in as less then
Administrator. I had the same problem when I used my "Power User" account. I
couldn't see it. When I logged on with my Administrator account it was
there.

Dave

Brent

Nope i was local SysAdmin on the box and the IIS server was local. We had a
guy from the Richard Hale Shaw group there for training and he was quite
sharp and new everything about .Net and he didn't know why i couldn't see
the directory. Have any other ideas?