ASP.NET regional settings

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Guest, Feb 9, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hello everybody,

    I have a question about the ASP.NET registry account. I'm writing a web
    application that requires the server's ASP.NET user account to have its
    decimal separator symbol set to a period. (because a 3rd party component
    requires so) I have also created a small executable that is able to set those
    regional settings as required. The downside is that the windows accounts are
    all encrypted in the registry, so I do not know which one is the ASP.NET
    account. Hence, *ALL* accounts are currently set with the required regional
    settings. Is there any way to separate the ASP.NET account from the rest so
    they can be left as they are?

    P.S. I don't think the following information is of any importance in this
    case, but the program is running on a Win XP machine with ASP.NET 2.0

    Any help would be much appreciated!

    With kind regards,

    Stefan A.

    programmer

    Guest, Feb 9, 2007

  2. What is the purpose of it? Do you need to pass a number in certain format to
    your component, or format its values?

    There is System.Globalization.NumberFormatInfo that may you help

    Alexey Smirnov, Feb 9, 2007

    Guest Guest

    First of all, thanks for helping!

    The purpose:
    Basically, I have a project that converts a C# class to graphical
    coordinates for a plugin. This plugin expects the coordinates to be written
    using a period as decimal separator. Naturally, this works fine if the server
    is a U.S or U.K server, but if it is not, the graphics will be drawn
    incorrectly.

    Your second question:
    I need to pass the doubles in a certain format to the plugin (period
    separated).

    The System.Globalization namespace could indeed be the solution to my
    problem. If I do a .ToString() on a double it uses the ASP.NET registry
    account's settings, but if I can somehow tell the compiler to use
    InvariantCulture it may be solved. I will certainly look this up and try it
    out!

    Thank you very much!
    Stefan

    Guest, Feb 9, 2007