    convert samples that are not in the correct format? Like MP3, OGG for
    example...

    Thanks Francois

    Francois Lionet, Jun 6, 2007

  2. Francois Lionet wrote:
    See AudioFileFormat.Type
    Note that for container formats, the encoding is more
    important than the file type, and..
    ..that is an encoding. Note that not all (for example) WAV
    file types will have an encoding that is understood by Java.
    If you can decode them, you can transform them to
    whatever encoding you want. But if you can decode
    the format from mwithin Java, it seems pointless
    changing them to another format!

    Note that
    1) JMF offers a wider variety of encodings.
    2) Java 7might be able to hook into native media
    players. Then Java will be able to play any format
    supported on the system.

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    http://www.athompson.info/andrew/