Beep

Guest

I have noticed that my customer doesn't always read error my error messages.
How can I create a beep in the browser?

Guest

I have noticed that my customer doesn't always read error my error messages.
How can I create a beep in the browser?

Are you serious? You can't have browser beep as you would in Windows app.
But you could have it play a media file.
Why not do javascript alert to get their attention?

Guest

WebMatrix,
Yes, I am serious. I need a beep.

WebMatrix said:
Are you serious? You can't have browser beep as you would in Windows app.
But you could have it play a media file.
Why not do javascript alert to get their attention?

RCS

I agree.

The appropriate/commonly-accepted form of a Windows "beep" - is a popup.
Or - maybe rework the app. You should always assume, no matter how
unbelievable it may be, that your endusers are REALLY stupid. So if you have
something so critical that the user needs to do something - your app
shouldn't LET them do anything, until they do as they are instructed.

For example, if you are trying to stop them from submitting a form until a
field is filled out - they you don't warn them and hope for the best, you
don't allow them to continue until they have complied with your
requirements.

Good luck

Guest

I don't think a text beep will do anything useful, unless I have a blind
person that has a text to sound translator.
Arne

Guest

RCS,
I have errors occuring on the server. Sometimes it might be appropriate to
send back an alert box. I would prefer a sound alarm.
I worst case I have to send back an animation with some dancing animals.
Maybe I can wire up the browser to call 911 when my web server catch on fire.
Do you know that some printers sends back an error saying that the printer
is on fire? I wonder how they do that.
Arne.

Eliyahu Goldin

Or turn your speakers on.

Eliyahu

P.S. What WebMatrix means is that a browser's alert box pops up with a quite
distinct sound.