beginning games development on the mac

noob23434

Hi all

I've been told that the best platform to make games on (strategy games)
is a c++. I want to start making games using my mac and I was wondering
if anyone could tell me what software is the best to get started with?

Kind regards

Marc

Victor Bazarov

noob23434 said:
I've been told that the best platform to make games on (strategy games)
is a c++.

That makes one of us.
> I want to start making games using my mac and I was wondering
if anyone could tell me what software is the best to get started with?

A text editor, a compiler. Later, a debugger would be nice. If you
intend to add graphics to your game, a graphical editor... Get a book
on game development or simply go to 'comp.games.development' hierarchy
of newsgroups.

If you have a C++ _language_ question, go ahead and ask it, don't be shy.

TB

noob23434 sade:
Hi all

I've been told that the best platform to make games on (strategy games)
is a c++.

I'd guess many would say otherwise and promote some other langauge.
I want to start making games using my mac and I was wondering
if anyone could tell me what software is the best to get started with?

Try GCC. And buy a book. And on Mac, look also at Java and Objective-C.

TB

roberts.noah

noob23434 said:
Hi all

I've been told that the best platform to make games on (strategy games)
is a c++.

C++ is a language, not a platform. A platform can include a
development environment for a specific language such as C++.