Behind the scene

Uri Guttman

MP> http://www.perl.com/lpt/a/2003/07/16/soto2003.html

MP> huh?

larry has been working on the perl6 apocalypses and design for much of
this period. he has been funded partly by the perl foundation but has
not had major income from them. and he has 2 kids in college, a
mortgage, etc. so he has sacrificed a lot. his comment above means he
could have had a decent paying job but he turned it down instead to work
on perl6.

so the way you can help is to donate money to the perl foundation and
help larry pay for his mortgage. :)

uri

Matija Papec

I thought at the moment that somebody offered him a money to abandon said:
so the way you can help is to donate money to the perl foundation and
help larry pay for his mortgage. :)

Is there possibility to purchase perl cd or something that would also help?

Jim Agnew - VCU/MCV Neurosurgery

Uri said:
MP> http://www.perl.com/lpt/a/2003/07/16/soto2003.html

MP> huh?

larry has been working on the perl6 apocalypses and design for much of
this period. he has been funded partly by the perl foundation but has
not had major income from them. and he has 2 kids in college, a
mortgage, etc. so he has sacrificed a lot. his comment above means he
could have had a decent paying job but he turned it down instead to work
on perl6.

so the way you can help is to donate money to the perl foundation and
help larry pay for his mortgage. :)

uri

does buying books from O'Reilly help out at all? I was under the
impression it does...

jim

(Oh, and No, Randall, I didn't hand out my backup copy of the Perl
online bookshelf.. ;-D )

--
"4,000 years ago I made a mistake." Elrond Half-Elven, in "Fellowship
of the Ring"

"I try not to be right any more than necessary". -- Larry Wall, author
of the Perl Language

Uri Guttman

MP> Is there possibility to purchase perl cd or something that would
MP> also help?

the most direct method is to donate via:

http://donate.perl-foundation.org/

i don't think they have anything for sale that is fund raising. that may
change in the future but i can't say for sure.

uri