    More generally, is there a C header repository that I can access that
    would prevent me from needing to bring this to usenet. Thanks.

    Chris

    Chris Johnson, Oct 20, 2004

  2. With C, I doubt you can do much with "bignums.h" alone - you need a library
    to go with it.

    Try a google search for "Arbitrary Precision library" - the first links you
    find point to the "GNU MP Precision Library" and the "Fracting Arbitrary
    Precision Library".

    Raymond Martineau, Oct 20, 2004

  3. I'm making a prime-generating program, and due to the nature of primes,
    This header is part of a program I wrote for producing large banners
    a long time ago. It puts one character of the message on roughly
    two adjacent pieces of 11" x 17" line printer paper, or optionally
    on a carefully assembled array of three pages by six pages per
    character. Normally you put the whole banner on the outside of the
    top floor of a dorm so it's readable from the other side of the
    Quad or a street, with a message like "IMPEACH Nixon!".

    Did you PIRATE that program? It was NOT open-source (not that anyone
    really wants it).

    Gordon L. Burditt

    Gordon Burditt, Oct 20, 2004
  4. Chris Johnson

    CBFalconer Guest

    You are confused. headers are used to describe the available
    contents of libraries, packages, compilation units, etc. to the
    code using such. When you find the appropriate package the header
    will be there.

    --
    "I support the Red Sox and any team that beats the Yankees"
    "Any baby snookums can be a Yankee fan, it takes real moral

    CBFalconer, Oct 20, 2004
  5. Chris Johnson

    jacob navia Guest

    The lcc-win32 C compiler uses a header that is called "bignums.h"
    If you download lcc-win32 you will find all you need to work with
    big numbers.

    The documentation is useful too, download it together with the
    whole package at:
    http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~lcc-win32

    jacob navia, Oct 20, 2004
  6. Thanks for clarifying. I'm new to C, after having dealt primarily with
    perl (and a very little C++) so I'm used to includes referring to actual
    modules.

    Chris Johnson, Oct 20, 2004
  7. Thanks. GMP is just what I needed.

    Chris

    Chris Johnson, Oct 20, 2004
  8. I thought that was Trollsdale's line? ;)

    Christopher Benson-Manica, Oct 20, 2004
  9. Chris Johnson

    CBFalconer Guest

    Ugh, spit, spit. Brush furiously. Spit. Retch.

    CBFalconer, Oct 21, 2004
  10. You're a lucky boy. :)

    Mark McIntyre, Oct 21, 2004