browser incompatibility

cerr

Hi,

On www.pizzalita.com, I added a div layer that would ask people for an
email address and if you don't like to, you camn click the cross to
close that layer. This works just fine in Google Chrome but I today
realized that it doesn't work for other browsers, not in IE nor in
Firefox. Does anyone have any hints, suggestions and tips how to
resolve this to get it working properly in all browsers?

Thank you very much, help is appreciated!

Ron

Captain Paralytic

Hi,

Onwww.pizzalita.com, I added a div layer that would ask people for an
email address and if you don't like to, you camn click the cross to
close that layer. This works just fine in Google Chrome but I today
realized that it doesn't work for other browsers, not in IE nor in
Firefox. Does anyone have any hints, suggestions and tips how to
resolve this to get it working properly in all browsers?

Thank you very much, help is appreciated!

Ron

Check the javascript console. FireBug's console points directly to the
error.

You have a replace call that says:
s.replace(/^?/,'&')

The ^ is an anchor which matches the start of a string (the position
not the first character). The ? makes the preceding character
optional, but this cannot be used with the anchor.

I suspect that you want the character ? rather than the quantifier, so
you must escape it.

Chrome should not allow this.

cerr

Check the javascript console. FireBug's console points directly to the
error.

You have a replace call that says:
s.replace(/^?/,'&')

The ^ is an anchor which matches the start of a string (the position
not the first character). The ? makes the preceding character
optional, but this cannot be used with the anchor.

I suspect that you want the character ? rather than the quantifier, so
you must escape it.

Chrome should not allow this.

Yep,

you got it! That was it! Thanks man!:)