C++ Programmers: Full Time, Permanent, National Institutes of Health

Monica

Bioinformatics/Scientific Programmer/C++

the diverse technical, scientific, and administrative needs of the
Federal government. We are currently searching for an experienced
Bioinformatics Programmer to support one of our clients within the
National Institutes of Health. This opportunity is permanent,
full-time, and on site in Bethesda/Rockville, MD.

This team is an integral part of the National Library of Medicine and
has been tasked with providing scientific computing support for
national and international research and development projects in
Bioinformatics, Genomics, and Proteomics. Our clients produce some of
the largest and most rapidly growing repositories of public biomedical
data and analysis tools in the world. These tasks require the candidate
to understand properties of given data and existing software, the
ability to experiment with technical algorithms, and the skills to
develop and maintain software.

Qualifications
Position requires experience working with complex applications
programs, programming in C or C++ in a UNIX environment, proficiency in
design and analysis of combinatorial algorithms.
Experience writing programs in Perl, SQL and writing parallel programs
is desired.
Some training in computational biology is preferred.
Experience improving other's production software and/or its algorithms
is a plus.

Interested applicants should submit resume and salary requirements to
Monica Lyerly, Technical Recruiter. (e-mail address removed) Please contact
me with any questions. Out of area candidates will be considered for
this opportunity. EOE.

BobR

Monica wrote in message
Bioinformatics/Scientific Programmer/C++
We are currently searching for an experienced
Bioinformatics Programmer ...

Are you saying you can't even find your OWN programmers!

Have you tried an inner-office memo?

How do you know where to send their checks?

Grahamo

hee Hee. I can think of NOTHING more boring than programming medical
software! Ugh.

Howard

hee Hee. I can think of NOTHING more boring than programming medical
software! Ugh.

Boring??? As opposed to say, database programming? (A _HUGE_ part of the
industry!) That's what is boring to me! Besides the fact that a lot of
medical-related programming is extremely complex and involves quite a bit of
higher math, real-time programming, and graphics, it also actually benefits
people instead of simply making money. Quite the opposite of boring, in my
experience. Distrubing, sometimes, but rarely boring.

-Howard

Monica

Really? This is public group. I belive I was curtious enough to post
the subject of my message! If you aren't interested, don't read it! I
could just spam you like other recruiters! :)

Monica

BobR said:
Monica wrote in message

Are you saying you can't even find your OWN programmers!

Have you tried an inner-office memo?

How do you know where to send their checks?

Hi Bob,

Are you confused????? Maybe you should stick to reading code, babe.

Default User

Monica said:
Really? This is public group.

So? That doesn't mean you can do whatever you want.
I belive I was curtious enough to post
the subject of my message!

That's not courteous. That's off-topic.
If you aren't interested, don't read it!

No, if it doesn't belong, don't post it.
I could just spam you like other recruiters! :)

I hate to tell you, but you did spam.

Also, read my .sig.

Brian