Calling SQL to create XML from Javascript (Google Maps)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by jobo, Mar 21, 2007.

  1. jobo

    jobo Guest

    I'm sure there's some way to do this simply but I'm new to
    Javascript.

    So I'm creating an application that interacts with google maps and
    everytime the user pans around the map I want it to send its
    coordinates back to the server to generate an XML object with a bunch
    of markers that google maps will plot back onto the map.

    The problem is that I have no idea how to query SQL to create this XML
    object from javascript. I have already created an event listener that
    will trigger at the correct times, but what to do after that I don't
    know. I already know how to generate an XML object after I've hit the
    database but have no idea how to return it from my .aspx.cs back to
    the javascript to be processed.

    Does anyone know how do to this?

    Here's the javascript method I have:

    GEvent.addListener(oMap, "moveend", function() {
    var latLngStrs = oMap.getBounds().getSouthWest();
    var latLngStrs2 = oMap.getBounds().getNorthEastt();

    \\Need to send these bounds back to a method in the code-
    behind
    \\that will query the database and then return an XML
    object to be processed further

    });

    Thanks a lot!

    jobo, Mar 21, 2007

  2. jobo

    bruce barker Guest

    you can use the ajax extensions for this, or even the 2.0 builtin server
    callback.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Mar 21, 2007

  3. jobo

    jobo Guest

    Thanks for replying. How would I go about using an ajax extension or a
    server callback? I'm using ASP.NET 2.0.

    jobo, Mar 21, 2007