Calling Web Service that calls other Web Service with Windows Authentication

manuelserpabrandao

Hi all

I would like to now the answer to the following problem, if someone can
help.

Given a windows application client that's calling a web service (using
default credentials) the
web service gets invoked fine with the users credentials. However they
need
to call a second web service from the first one. When it hits the
second web
service, the web service (even though configured correctly) always
reports (401) Unauthorized.

Is there any possibility to do this or is impossible ?

Is possible to implement any workaround for this problem ?

Thanks in advance

Manuel Brandão

Joe Kaplan \(MVP - ADSI\)

You need to implement Kerberos delegation to make this work. It is
definitely possible and supported. I'd suggest reading up on the Kerberos
delegation papers on MSDN and TechNet to get up to speed.

Joe K.

http://www.directoryprogramming.net