Can't debug ASP.NET

Axel Dahmen

Hi,

I'm using VS2002 SP1 / .NET1.0 SP2 / Windows 2k Server SP3. From one day to
the other I can't debug anymore. The error message I get is:

"Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web
server. Would you like to disable future attempts to debug ASP.NET pages for
this project?"

I'm using remote debugging on my server, which is having two IP numbers.
I've already re-installed the whole machine, but the error still persists.

What I can say is that I didn't mess up with any settings. I've installed
remote debugging, web.config is alright, Windows Authentication is enabled.
I'm using a strong ASPNET account on my Domain Controller and have granted
all necessary privileges on

a.. %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\Version\Temporary ASP.NET Files: Full
Control
a.. %windir%\Temp: Full Control

Is there a tool available helping me to find out why I can't debug anymore?

TIA,
Axel Dahmen

PS: These bloody "can't debug project" error messages are really pissing me
off, after having successfully solved all the other "can't debug project"
reasons for half a year now. This seems to become an open end attraction to
VStudio :(

Guest

This looks like a permission problem. Make your your debug user have proper permissions.

Axel Dahmen

Hi, TOJO,

this is strange: To test the cause of the permission problem, I've switched
off "Anonymous login" on my webserver. If I now enter the root of my web
into IE (http://develop/), IIS doesn't respond! Sometimes I get a login
window, but after entering some valid login, nothing happens, except for
"Server or DNS not reachable".....

Any suggestions???