    Does anyone know where B::SPECIAL is defined?

    TIA,

    kj

    kj, Oct 19, 2007

  2. kj

    Mintcake Guest

    The B-Specials: Armed, part-time section of the Royal Ulster
    Constabulary. The B-Specials helped to police Northern Ireland between
    their formation in 1920 to their abolition in 1969. They were replaced
    by the Ulster Defence Regiment (UDR) in 1970.

    I trust this is the information you require. If not then your
    original question was not specific enough.

    Mintcake, Oct 20, 2007

  3. kj

    Ben Morrow Guest

    It's defined, such as it is, in ext/B/B.{pm,xs} in the perl
    distribution. An object of class B::SPECIAL represents one of the magic
    internal Perl objects, such as the 'undef' value. It doesn't define a PV
    method.

    Which version of Perl, and which version of B::Lint, are you using?
    There have been several updates to B::Lint recently: it might be worth
    upgrading. If that doesn't help, you've found a bug; reduce it to a
    *minimal* testcase and report it at rt.cpan.org.

    Ben

    Ben Morrow, Oct 20, 2007
  4. kj