    this error on a perl program that prints & processed a form.Program was
    working until I made a simple (cosmetic) change. Could not find any
    reference to this error.Could anyone our there help?Thanks.

    GMI, Jun 19, 2005

  2. Yes. There is an error in your program. perl has told you the location of
    the error. Go ahead and fix it.

    If you really do want others to be able to help you, you'll need to
    provide a minimal script that others can run without any effort that still
    exhibits the problem.

    For more information on how you can help yourself, and help others help
    you, please read the posting guidelines for this group.

    Sinan.

    A. Sinan Unur, Jun 19, 2005

  3. It's impossible to give concrete help without seeing code.

    But, as a general guideline, if a program is working, then stops working
    when you make a change, then logic dictates that the change you made is the
    most likely cause of the problem.

    Try reversing your "simple cosmetic" alteration. Does the problem go away?

    sherm--

    Sherm Pendley, Jun 19, 2005

  4. If it broke stuff, then it was NOT cosmetic, though that may have
    been your intention.

    (did you leave a comment #marker# off of a comment that said "first attempt"?)

    Did you look it up in the manual?

    perldoc perldiag

    We cannot debug Perl code when we have been shown no Perl code.

    If you are the only one who can see the code, then you are the one
    who will have to fix it.

    Tad McClellan, Jun 19, 2005