Classic ASP with Vista

PW

Has anyone used the traditional Classic ASP / Access DB / IIS configuration
on Vista yet?

I haven't, but before I upgrade to Vista I would like to ensure all my
websites will work once I do.

What version of Vista is best to use (and includes IIS) ?

What problems did you have with database connectivity ?

Any other issues ?

TIA,
PW

Anthony Jones

PW said:
Has anyone used the traditional Classic ASP / Access DB / IIS configuration
on Vista yet?

I haven't, but before I upgrade to Vista I would like to ensure all my
websites will work once I do.

What version of Vista is best to use (and includes IIS) ?

What problems did you have with database connectivity ?

Any other issues ?

All your websites? What are you currently running your websites on if not
on a server platform. Vista is a client platform.

PW

Anthony Jones said:
All your websites? What are you currently running your websites on if not
on a server platform. Vista is a client platform.

XP-Pro SP2, IIS, Classic ASP, Access DB, then I use a DNS redirector as a
domain name.

Mr. Arnold

PW said:
Has anyone used the traditional Classic ASP / Access DB / IIS
configuration on Vista yet?

I haven't, but before I upgrade to Vista I would like to ensure all my
websites will work once I do.

What version of Vista is best to use (and includes IIS) ?

What problems did you have with database connectivity ?

Any other issues ?

Just don't get Vista 64 bit, you can SQL Express Sever 2005 (free). Vista
business verions, like Business, Enterprise, or Ultimate, because they have
Frontpage extentions.

<http://www.vitaminzproductions.com/.../05/19/setting-up-asp-classic-on-iis-7-vista/>

You can go to Google to see the features of IIS7 on Vista as opposed to IIS6
on XP, like multiple Web sites and Connection pooling on IIS7 and Vista.

PW

Mr. Arnold said:
Just don't get Vista 64 bit, you can SQL Express Sever 2005 (free). Vista
business verions, like Business, Enterprise, or Ultimate, because they
have Frontpage extentions.

<http://www.vitaminzproductions.com/.../05/19/setting-up-asp-classic-on-iis-7-vista/>

You can go to Google to see the features of IIS7 on Vista as opposed to
IIS6 on XP, like multiple Web sites and Connection pooling on IIS7 and
Vista.

Thanks Mr. Arnold, you've been very helpful

Regards,
PW