Joined
Jun 5, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi,
I have a client written in java applet and it listens for responses on http: //localhost/CardPager.

Now, I have a server code written using jsp servlets and a webpage for a user where I can write a message in a textbox and press the send button, the text message should go to the client.

1. Can someone tell me how do I go about writing this?

2. My next question is suppose I have many client applets running. Each of my clients have a unique ID to them. I want to send the message only to a set of IDs. How to do this.

I hope my questions were clear.

Thank you.

Joined
Jun 9, 2009
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
This seems to be more like a chat kind of communcation with support for one to one or one to many broadcast

You could try the following

1. Let each client refresh it self after every x seconds, by reading some variable of its session at server
2. On receiving the message from any client, to broadcast or to unicast to one or more, use Session Manager of bind session etc or use the Database as a way to propagate the messages.

Regards,
Raja Nagendra Kumar,
C.T.O
tejasoft.com