    variables between them)

    2) Two completely separate scripts (client / server) , which will be
    easier to write , but more problematic for the client to read server’s data

    George Mpouras, Jan 31, 2014

  2. That would depend to a very large degree on what kind of service you are
    talking about, what kind and size of data you are expecting, how long
    retrieving the data takes, if your server and the client on same machine
    need to synchronize their actions or if your client can retrieve the
    data asynchroniously and cache it locally, etc, etc, etc.

    And none of these questions has anything to do with Perl.

    jue

    Jürgen Exner, Jan 31, 2014

  3. I would go for the second, having a documented interface for client <->
    server interactions and possibly, an independent 'message constructing
    and interpreting library' shared by both insofar they are/ were written
    using the same language.

    Rainer Weikusat, Feb 3, 2014