Complaint about WebHost4Life

TS Moderator1

I would like to post a great big complaint about WebHost4Life.

I actually like their reliability, but their help people seem to have
poor communication skiills. They would hugely improve their service,
if someone would write a basic documentation page about how to set
security levels when creating a website.

I have gone round and round with their help people using their online
chat window, trying to get an idea what standard settings should be
used on directories to accomplish different levels of security versus
user accessability. I have even emailed them several times offering to

write that document if they will provide me with the information, but
they have not responded to my emails.

As an example. I have a "DOCS" subdirectory which contains some
Microsoft Word Documents. Inf the following example, I changed my
name, server numbers, and OWS numbers, but otherwise, here is how my
permissions are set.

c:\hosting\webhost4life\member\notmyrealname\docs

Administrator -- RWXDPO
SYSTEM -- RWXDPO
SYSTEM -- RWXDPO
IUSR_DEDI228-- RX
NETWORK -- RX
NETWORK -- RX
NETWORK SERVICE -- RX
NETWORK SERVICE -- RX
IUSR_NOTMYREALNAME-- RX
IUSR_NOTMYREALNAME-- RX
Administrators -- RWXDPO
Administrators -- RWXDPO
OWS_12345678_admin -- RWXDP
OWS_12345678_admin -- RWXDP
INTERACTIVE -- RX
INTERACTIVE -- RX

c:\hosting\webhost4life\member\notmyrealname\docs\evaluateexpression_10201.­doc

Administrator -- RWXDPO
SYSTEM -- RWXDPO
IUSR_DEDI228 -- RX
NETWORK -- R
NETWORK SERVICE -- R
IUSR_NOTMYREALNAME-- R
Administrators -- RWXDPO
OWS_12345678_admin -- RWDP
INTERACTIVE -- R

(1) I have no idea which of the items listed would affect whether I can

log in from my copy of FrontPage on a remote client computer to
maintain my web site. This would be a nice thing for them to document.

(2) I do not know which item would set permission for the average
internet user, or what i should set my security to, so they can
download
or view the Microsoft Word FIles I have posted.

(3) Actually it would be nice to know the function of each of the items

listed below.

(4) It looks to me like WebHost duplicates a bunch of security settings

in the control panel display.