Consuming Web Service via WSDL Files

Anbu

Hi All,

I have some wsdl files generated by a Java web service. During the
development phase, I may not have access to the Java web service. So
I'm trying to consume the web service from .NET through WSDL.exe
generated stub.

When I generate stub using wsdl.exe, it throws following warning:

Warning: This web reference does not conform to WS-I Basic Profile
v1.1.
R2754: In a DESCRIPTION, the value of the name attribute on a
soapbind:fault element MUST match the value of the name attribute on
its parent wsdl:fault element.

R2726: An rpc-literal binding in a DESCRIPTION MUST NOT have the
namespace attribute specified on contained soapbind:header,
soapbind:headerfault and soapbind:fault elements.

R2203: An rpc-literal binding in a DESCRIPTION MUST refer, in its
soapbind:bodyelement(s), only to wsdl:part element(s) that have been
defined using the type attribute.

But the stub files are generated with these warning messages. I'm not
sure what will be the impact of these warnings on the final product.

I need a suggestion, whether can i proceed with these warnings.

Thanks in Advance,
Anbu

Anbu

Gaurav,

Thanks for your reply.

I use .NET 2.0

The wsdl files were generated by Axis (a Java based tool). I fear that
the warnings may lead into some difficult situations. for example,

R2203: An rpc-literal binding in a DESCRIPTION MUST refer, in its
soapbind:bodyelement(s), only to wsdl:part element(s) that have been
defined using the type attribute.

As per WS-I we can bind rpc-literal only to wsdl:part elements, but if
we try to bind with soapbind:bodyelement, it may not transfer the data
properly, i feel.

Any suggestion?

Thanks,
Anbu

Anbu

I referred the WS-I spec and Axis documentation. Axis 1.2 might be
compatible to the WS-I standards. I'm still trying to get more info.
whether the web service could be recompiled with axis 1.2!!!
At the same time, your apprehensions are not baseless. If you are using
basic elements (numbers, strings etc), you should not face any crisis.

Will there be any issues if I use Arrays?