Context.User is Null in the LoggedIn method of the Login Control

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Maxus, Apr 12, 2007.

  1. Maxus

    Maxus Guest

    Hi People,

    I have written a custom membership and custom roles classes for my
    application. Then added a asp:Login control to the page. I then hooked
    into the LoggedIn method of the asp:login control. From there I want
    to direct my users to diffrent pages depending on the role thier in.
    When I try to access the Context.User.IsInRole method the whole thing
    is empty including the actual user itself (Although I appear to be
    authenticated). Any ideas why or where I should look? I just assumed
    that the user would be logged in at this point, Is this by design or
    have I screwed something up?

    Also on a side note I'm contemplating if I should use the default
    ASP.Net membership provider. Has any one got experiance in using it in
    a large scale project? I'm just worried about performance.

    Thanks Heaps!
    maxus

    Maxus, Apr 12, 2007