creating a proxy class for web service

Raghu Dongur via .NET 247

hi,
I'm trying to create a proxy class in my asp.net project for a web service.
but,i have problem adding a web reference to my asp.net project through a wsdl file.
as below:
project--->add web reference--->http://localhost/WFM/test.wsdl

The problem is it doesn't create source file.
I get an error message as:
Custom tool warning: DiscoCodeGenerator unable to initialize code generator. No code generated.

I tried executing WSDL.EXE from command prompt with WSDL file as input.
But it fails to create class file with an error message.
warning: no classes were generated.

please can some one help me as to find out what am i missing?

thanks

Michelle Hlaing

--------------------
From: Raghu Dongur via .NET 247 <[email protected]>
Subject: creating a proxy class for web service
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 07:58:52 -0700

hi,
I'm trying to create a proxy class in my asp.net project for a web service.
but,i have problem adding a web reference to my asp.net project through a wsdl file.
as below:
project--->add web reference--->http://localhost/WFM/test.wsdl

The problem is it doesn't create source file.
I get an error message as:
Custom tool warning: DiscoCodeGenerator unable to initialize code generator. No code generated.

I tried executing WSDL.EXE from command prompt with WSDL file as input.
But it fails to create class file with an error message.
warning: no classes were generated.

please can some one help me as to find out what am i missing?

thanks
Hi Raghu,

Check to see that the wsdl has enough definitions to create a proxy. It should have
· Types- a container for data type definitions using some type system (such as XSD).
· Message- an abstract, typed definition of the data being communicated.
· Operation- an abstract description of an action supported by the service.
· Port Type-an abstract set of operations supported by one or more endpoints.
· Binding- a concrete protocol and data format specification for a particular port type.
· Port- a single endpoint defined as a combination of a binding and a network address.
· Service- a collection of related endpoints

Hope that helps,

Michelle

***Disclaimer: This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties and confers no rights.***