cx_Oracle failed to load DLL BUT versions correct

jmdeschamps

Hello

Having cx_Oracle (an Oracle database connector for Python) used it
here where I teach for the last couple of years, and finding it so
easy to use (and install) I was taken aback when I got an error
message telling me it could not load the DLL (complete message below)

Third, I've read (on activeState site) about someone else having this
problem which seemed to be resolved by correctly installing the
appropriate versions of different software piece.

BUT no 1 : I works on my portable (that has the same configuration for
OS, Python and cx)

BUT no 2: The same configuration gets the error message from our
classroom workstations -
after multiple testing, (uninstalling everything, python, Oracle,
cx_Oracle,etc) , cleaning the registry, re-installing from fresh
binaries ( Oracle works (SQL+) ) , the error stays...

HELP - Any hints, helps, things to look for, whatnot,

Many thanks in advance,

Jean-Marc
(e-mail address removed)
Cegep du Vieux-Montreal

CONFIGURATION
windows XP professionnal, sp2 (firewall stopped)
installation in administrator mode
Oracle 10g
Python 2.3.4
pywin32-203.win32-py2.3.exe
cx_Oracle-4.1-win32-10g-py23.exe

NOTE: all files seem in the right places (cx_Oracle.pyd in
site-packages)

ERROR (taken from PythonWin interactive window)
PythonWin 2.3.4 (#53, May 25 2004, 21:17:02) [MSC v.1200 32 bit
(Intel)] on win32.
Portions Copyright 1994-2004 Mark Hammond ([email protected])
-
see 'Help/About PythonWin' for further copyright information.Traceback (most recent call last):

Aurelio Martin Massoni

jmdeschamps said:
[...]

ImportError: DLL load failed: La procédure spécifiée est introuvable.

Have you installed any new Oracle software in this machine ? Or maybe,
have you modified the PATH environment variable ?

This error usually means that your cx_Oracle.pyd module needs to load an
Oracle DLL, but it doesn´t find it in the directories specified in the
PATH variable, or it finds a DLL with the same name but different (and
incompatible) version.

Hope this helps

Aurelio