    It is named "Fundamentals of Data Structures in C++" by Ellis Horowitz, Sartaj Sahni, and Dinesh Mehta.

    Anyone know of a really good beginners "for dummies" data structures book (stack, queues, lists, trees) so that when I read the course book it'll make more sense to me?

    Thanks in advance.

    Guest, Aug 18, 2003

  2. Try using a search engine and searching the newsgroups
    for something like "book data structures".

    --
    Thomas Matthews

    C++ newsgroup welcome message:
    http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
    alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++ faq:
    Other sites:

    Thomas Matthews, Aug 18, 2003

    osmium Guest

    seems too difficult for me to understand.
    Sartaj Sahni, and Dinesh Mehta.
    (stack, queues, lists, trees) so that when I read the course book it'll make
    more sense to me?

    My favorite introductory book is _Data Structures with Abstract Data Types
    and Pascal_ by Stubbs & Webre. Don't be put off by the Pascal in the title,
    anyone ready for a data structures course should be able to at least "read"
    Pascal automagically, think of it as pseudocode that can actually be
    compiled. Lots of drawings, which the subject needs, at least at this
    level.

    The book is out of print but if you already have library privileges you
    might be able to get the only copy for yourself.

    I have the language free version of Sahni and consider it kind of "middle of
    the road", not good not bad. I think this is the same Sahni I took a course
    from so I think of it as the Sahni book instead of the Horowitz book. He
    was a good instructor.

    osmium, Aug 18, 2003

    Fuggilumper Guest

    I've been fumbling around with C++ for two years and it still gets me.
    I used the book: Practical Data Structures In C++ by Bryan Flaming.
    published by wiley. it worked for me, good luck!!

    Fuggilumper, Aug 21, 2003

    ES Kim Guest

    Sounds interesting. Is there any book such as
    "Teach Yourself 24 Languages in One Hour"?

    ES Kim, Aug 21, 2003