Delete Web Site

Just D.

All,

I made a wrong assumption and my application created a few new web sites on
my machine working under WinXPPro. So that I see "Default Web Site" and
these wrong sites which I can't delete either start, these wrong sites are
marked with the red circle and show just in the IIS. Any movements around
these sites don't allow me to delete or even remane them. The search on the
whole hard drive and in the win registry didn't help, I even didn't find
even the reference to these names. I guess they are encrypted or written in
the unicode.

How can we delete extra web sites created in IIS? Any official/unofficial
methods including the registry editing? Where this info should be stored in?

Just D.

Christopher Reed

Are this websites or virtual directories? In general, when I have removed a
virtual directory and the red stop icon appears in IIS, I usually can
highlight it and then delete it. Is this not possible with yours?

Just D.

I write Website, that means Website. Do you want to get a screen shot? :( No
problems to delete any VD, but this is different. I found some info about
IISWEB on the internet, but my WinXPPro doesn't have this tool which can
delete the web site from the command line.

Christopher Reed

The reason for my asking is that IIS under Windows XP can only support one
website. If these are actual websites, the problem you are experiencing is
because you can nothing to any of these other websites while the Default is
running.

Look at this and see if it helps:
http://www.developerfusion.co.uk/show/4645/

Just D.

Hi Christopher,

Thanks for your response. Actually I realize that, but the actual problem is
to delete these extra web sites created by mistake. That's the only one, not
a problem because it's not annoying and doesn't affect the working default
web site, but already the interest. If we're able to create that then how
can we delete the created webs sites? I didn't find any official ways to do
that.

Yes, your link is interesting, thanks.

Just D.

Christopher Reed

The only way I have found to create and delete the extra websites under XP
is to use the script mentioned in that article.