Developer needed for Open Source Django/Pinax on-line community

synarcane

The Hub is a global community of innovators from every profession,
background and culture working at 'new frontiers' to tackle the
world's
most pressing social, cultural and environmental challenges. The Hub
has over 1000 members hotdesking in stunning spaces around the world.
The Hub aims to give its members the tools and resources they need to
take their ideas from inception to scale. To this end we are building
an
Open Source online platform to enable Hub members to collaborate
virtually. We have identified Pinax as the platform for building this
over the next few months.

The Hub+ team is the team which provides technology to Hubs globally.
We
are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Python programmer to
work on a Django/Pinax project in a team committed to Open Source
software and open innovation. If you are interested in inspiring
initiatives and enjoy working in an innovative environment we'd like
you
to join our small team to help build the Hub's ambitious technical
infrastructure.

There will be plenty of opportunities to get involved in other
cutting
edge technical projects with The Hub including real-time comet based
services, network visualisation, collaborative real-time mind-
mapping,
guided navigation, VOIP triggering, and video messaging.

Required
- Experienced Python developer
- Knowledge of Django development
- Javascript
- Basic HTML/CSS
- Based in London (or willing to move)

Preferred*
- Experience in Pinax
- JQuery / YUI
- Active in Open Source communities
- Interest in open innovation
- Twisted
- Comet / Orbited

Please send an e-mail by 23rd February 2009, to synnove.fredericks@the-
hub.net, with some samples of your work, your CV and tell us why you
are interested in joining us.