    Is this module downloadable in executable form; or, is it only available for download in source code? I need it
    for Linux. Thank you.

    Keith Lee

    Keith Lee, Mar 27, 2008

  2. Keith Lee

    Jim Gibson Guest

    There is a "Device::Modem" module available at search.cpan.org. Like
    all Perl CPAN modules, it is available there in source form:

    <http://search.cpan.org/~cosimo/Device-Modem-1.48/docs/Device-Modem.pod>

    There really isn't any such thing as an executable Perl module. You
    have to go to some trouble to package an executable Perl program as a
    stand-alone binary, and I don't see how that would even apply to
    modules. There may be some way to save and distribute Perl byte code
    for a module, but that is not usually done.

    FYI: this newsgroup is defunct. Try comp.lang.perl.misc for general
    Perl questions and comp.lang.perl.modules for questions on Perl
    modules.

    Jim Gibson, Mar 28, 2008