Digital signature verification throws "The system cannot find thefile specified"

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Carolina, Jan 27, 2010.

  1. Carolina

    Carolina Guest

    I have a question and I need some help.

    I have an asp.net application which verifies digital signature with
    this code:

    Private Function Verify(ByVal datosfirmados As Byte(), ByVal
    firma As Byte()) As Boolean

    Using provider As RSACryptoServiceProvider = New
    RSACryptoServiceProvider()

    Return provider.VerifyData(datosfirmados, New
    SHA1CryptoServiceProvider, firma)
    End Using

    End Function

    Well, this code works perfect when I run my app with a windows account
    that belongs to local Administrators group (my app runs under an
    Application Pool).

    When I change the account to one with no Administrator privileges,
    the .VerifyData method returns exception "The system cannot find the
    file specified"

    What privileges are needed for an account in order to verify digital
    signatures with this code?

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks.

    Carolina, Jan 27, 2010