Doese CoreGen RAM can be simulated in ModelSim?

Zhi

I simulate a program which included a coregen RAM. ModelSim always
gives error information. If I only remove this component, other part
will work correctly. Does anybody has the experience to simulate the
codes including coregen component.
Thanks

Magne

Zhi said:
I simulate a program which included a coregen RAM. ModelSim always
gives error information. If I only remove this component, other part
will work correctly. Does anybody has the experience to simulate the
codes including coregen component.
Thanks

Hello Zhi,

you need to compile the simulation libraries from Xilinx ISE:
1. In ISE, select the device in the sources window
2. find the the "Compile HDL Simulation libraries", right click and
select "Properties"
3. Set your preferences in dialog and apply and run the process.
4. Make a library reference to the compiled library from modelsim.

mamu

Zhi

Hello Zhi,

you need to compile the simulation libraries from Xilinx ISE:
1. In ISE, select the device in the sources window
2. find the the "Compile HDL Simulation libraries", right click and
select "Properties"
3. Set your preferences in dialog and apply and run the process.
4. Make a library reference to the compiled library from modelsim.

mamu

Yes, I did compile the libraries first. The error happened on the
process of step simulation.

Zhi

Trace back: Error opening C:/Documents and Settings/zq500/Local
Settings/Temp/xil_1400_6
# while executing
# "error $winName"
# (procedure "view" line 82)
# invoked from within
# (procedure "vsimcmd::viewProcessSource" line 2)
# invoked from within
# "vsimcmd::viewProcessSource /testbench/uut/u0/u0/line__93705"
# ("after" script)
# 2: ::tkerror {Error opening C:/Documents and Settings/zq500/Local
Settings/Temp/xil_1400_6}
# 1: ::bgerror {Error opening C:/Documents and Settings/zq500/Local
Settings/Temp/xil_1400_6}
By the way, I also downloaded the Dual Port Block RAM v6.1 from
http://www.xilinx.com/support/software/coregen/71i_coregen_examples.htm
When I run the tb in ModelSim, I got the same error information.
Anybody can try once the example? Maybe I get mistakes on other
places. Thank you.

Newman

[...]

I compiled the Dual Port Block RAM v6.1 testbench suite. I got a
compile error in my_dp_bram.vhd. Xilinx Answer Record # 24819 fixed
this problem. From there I ran the simulation and it said it
completed successfully. Did you get any compile errors?

Good luck.

-Newman

Zhi

Thanks Newman. I don't have compile error. I use ModelSim SE plus
6.1d. I guess the problem you mentioned has solved in this edition. I
have tried again and just push the Run button. Sounds everything is
ok.

I am used to debug the program by 'Step'. It is convenient for me to
watch the change. I don't know if it is a correct way to debug
program. That error only happens on the 'Step' simulation. It got me
mad. Thank you again for your trying the program.