simulink modelsim cosimulation

Reaction score
Hi..

i tried to establish link between simulink and modelsim, but i couldn... i tried all the options

Softwares which i used are,

1. modelsim 5.7g
2. MATLAB 7.0.4

A. if i configure the link in tcp/ip mode

0. first of all i get confused with this tcp/ip mode of communication. ie. at each time i get different port value.. i don know whether
this as wrong or right, in some places i found like matlab has one port value but modelsim hav different port vaule.. they hav shown like this
in diagram itself.

1. if i invoke modelsim from matlab as vsim('socketsimulink', 1034), modelsim get opened, i created library and compiled the code,
to simulate the code i issued the command vsimulink work.inverter ... but no use i got the following warning and error messages

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# vsim -foreign {simlinkserver C:/Program Files/MATLAB704/toolbox/modelsim/win32/simulinklink.dll ; -socket 1034} work.inverter
# Loading C:/MODELTECH_5.7G/WIN32/../std.standard
# Loading C:/MODELTECH_5.7G/WIN32/../ieee.std_logic_1164(body)
# Loading work.inverter(behavioral)
# ** Warning: (vsim-FLI-3162) Ignoring extra files in foreign attribute "simlinkserver C:/Program Files/MATLAB7043/toolbox/modelsim/win32/simulinklink.dll ; -socket 1034".
# Loading C:/Program
# ** Error: (vsim-3193) Load of "C:/Program" failed: File not found.
# ** Error: (vsim-FLI-3160) Failed to load FLI object file "C:/Program".
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. if i run the matlab model it shows the error like

Error in 'ml_ms/VHDL Cosimulation': Initialization commands cannot be evaluated. MATLAB error message: Error using ==> set_param
Error reported by S-function 'smtifli' in 'ml_ms/VHDL Cosimulation':
Socket connection was closed by the other side
The communications link to ModelSim failed.
Launch Modelsim using the MATLAB command: 'vsim'.
Make sure the connection settings in the block are valid.
Load the desired VHDL model using the vsimulink command in ModelSim.

B. I tried in shared memory mode too..

1. i got the same loading error in modelsim,

2. but in matlab model i got error like

Error in 'ml_ms/VHDL Cosimulation': Initialization commands cannot be evaluated. MATLAB error message: Error using ==> set_param
Error reported by S-function 'smtifli' in 'ml_ms/VHDL Cosimulation':
Failed to connect to server. Make sure the loaded ModelSim model is using shared memory.

but i don know how to configure the modelsim to work using shared memory..

but for the message.. i used modelsim as a cracked version jus pasting licence.dat, mgs, dll file in modelsim\win32 folder.. i don know whether this link
work with cracked version...

how to solve this problem....?

Thanks in advance
Mubu

Ask a Question