external link to specific page of frameset

Ni©

Hi,

I would like to provide a link to a certain page that is part of a website
with frames
Linking to the page itself gives me only that particulair page without the
frames. If I link to the frameset I get the startpage but not the one I
would like to show.

Is there a way to achieve this and how?

Thank a lot in advance!

N.

Amos E Wolfe

Ni© said:
Hi,

I would like to provide a link to a certain page that is part of a website
with frames
Linking to the page itself gives me only that particulair page without the
frames. If I link to the frameset I get the startpage but not the one I
would like to show.

Is there a way to achieve this and how?

I am sure the others here will come in and say how bad "frames" are but
anyway. I assume you want to link to a frameset on some other website (not
yours) so you can't change those target pages.

Load the frameset page (with the start page) and "view source". Save the
source as a new .html file.

Change the frame source for the "start page" to the page you want to link
to, and upload the new frameset page to your site. Link to your "new"
frameset rather than the frameset at the other site.

I gave up using frames for the very reason you have highlighted.

Safalra

Ni© said:
I would like to provide a link to a certain page that is part of a website
with frames
Linking to the page itself gives me only that particulair page without the
frames. If I link to the frameset I get the startpage but not the one I
would like to show.
Is there a way to achieve this and how?

[snip]
Load the frameset page (with the start page) and "view source". Save the
source as a new .html file.

Change the frame source for the "start page" to the page you want to link
to, and upload the new frameset page to your site. Link to your "new"
frameset rather than the frameset at the other site.

The one problem with this is that it then appears that the pages are hosted
on his website. Even if he's doing it in good faith, many companies will
not take kindly to being 'framed' in this way, and you know what lawyers
are like.

Ni©

Amos E Wolfe said:
I am sure the others here will come in and say how bad "frames" are but
anyway. I assume you want to link to a frameset on some other website (not
yours) so you can't change those target pages.

Load the frameset page (with the start page) and "view source". Save the
source as a new .html file.

Change the frame source for the "start page" to the page you want to link
to, and upload the new frameset page to your site. Link to your "new"
frameset rather than the frameset at the other site.

I gave up using frames for the very reason you have highlighted.

Hi Amos,

Sorry if I have not been complete, but the target website is mine so I can
change it.
I want to send an newsletter with links to different part of the website, so
in this case I seems to be possible by ?changing/adding? some script?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Nico

Jumbo

Frames is ad to use - for a number of reasons.
But you could make a new parent html as a copy of your recent index.html,
and change the content frame definition in this - amd use the link to this
new parent html