FDF Merge users - I could use some help

Stephanie S

Hi. I have not been here much lately. I mentioned in another post, I am on
my way out of the ASP business. I hope you will entertain a question from me
despite otherwise lack of contribution to the community.

I am working on one last project (which is just goping to be converted to
JSP in a few weeks. GRRR). I need to create PDF files using FDFMerge. My
dillema is that I have an IIS server running ASP on one machine, and
FDFMerge installed on another machine. FDFMerge is used by our new Java
project using the HTTP stream. But what I would like to do is run FDFMerge
from the IIS server.

It is just a command line interface after all. So I tried to map a drive on
the IIS machine to the FDFMerge machine, to run a test. From that mapped
drive, I have a PDF and an FDF sitting in the same folder with the FDFMerge
executable. I attempted to perform the merge

fdfmerge -o testme.pdf testsource.pdf testform.fdf

I receive the message

Your license file for fdfmerge can not be found or is invalid. Don't forget
to use the '-r RegistrationNumber' option to register this product.

I tried to use the -r and supply the registration number and receive the
same behavior.

Beleive it or not, I cannot call Appligent, because my company will not buy
a support agreement for a measly $600 a year. So if anyone here happens to
have a direction to point (besides monster.com) it would help me a great
deal.

Thanks

Tom Kaminski [MVP]

Stephanie S said:
[...]

You really can't access a mapped drive from ASP.
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=257174

Can you use a UNC path instead?