FileSystemObject

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by John Cummings, Jun 27, 2003.

  1. I have inherited form that requires me to use the FilesystemObject to
    write to a file. I have to use Javascript to instantiate and use the
    object. I think that I am having a problem as far as getting the
    javascript to work server side. I am able to create a file and write
    to it locally but when trying to work it on the server, I get
    Unspecified Error. I thought that possibly using <script
    language="javascript" runat="server"> would take care of that. But it
    says objected expected when I have thte runat=server in there. It
    doesn't even recognize the function. Any ideas on how i can run the
    following code onSubmit using Javascript? I had it done in vbscript
    but the client insists that it be done using Javascript. Please
    help!!!!!

    Yemi

    function getEmailList()
    {
    var fso = new ActiveXObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject");
    var newfile = fso_OpenTextFile("d:/inetpub/www.lottery.state.az.us/database/textfiles/textfile.txt",
    8,true);
    newfile.WriteLine("It works.");
    newfile.Close();
    }

    John Cummings, Jun 27, 2003

  2. John Cummings

    Tim Williams Guest

    Does the server have any antivirus software installed? Norton is famous for
    causing problems with this kind of script: if you have it then you might
    look into disbling the "script blocking" feature.

    tim

    Tim Williams, Jun 29, 2003

  3. John Cummings

    John Guest

    I see that the client does not insist of JavaScript, but instead
    favors using anything but VB trash. The answers to this are well
    documented. Try the HTTP protocol this month.

    John, Jun 29, 2003