First release of Shed Skin, a Python-to-C++ compiler.

Mark Dufour

You have achieved so much with the first release of Shed Skin that it's
strange to see you apparently trying to argue that exceptions aren't
necessary when in fact they are such a fundamental part of Python's
philosophy.

To be honest, I am a relative newcomer to Python, and Shed Skin is the
first large program I have written in it. My background is mostly
writing algorithms in C, and I don't think I've ever (voluntarily)
caught an exception in my life, or that doing so could have made my
code any cleaner. So for me personally, and for the types of programs
I usually write, I'm still not sure if they will ever be very useful.
I guess I have just naturally ignored them.. :)

Thank you for stressing the importance of exceptions in Python in
general. I'm always happy to learn more about the language and its
philosophy..

thanks!
mark.