    custom look and feel? If so, how easy is this to do, and will it work
    reliably on different platforms' JVMs?

    Thanks,

    Russell Wallace, Sep 17, 2003

  2. Russell Wallace

    Ike Guest

    I know there is a "skin look and feel" floating around whereby I believe you
    can do just this. //Ike

    Ike, Sep 17, 2003

  3. Russell Wallace

    Ike Guest

    I found the download I didi of the whole thing, sources, classes &
    docs...but there weblink isnt connecting. I would be glad to forward this on
    to you via email if you like. //Ike

    Ike, Sep 17, 2003
  4. Russell Wallace

    Ike Guest

    Ike, Sep 17, 2003

  5. The gui folks need to weigh in here, so forgive me for being brash enough to
    cross post.

    I think that the Metal look and feel is about as "fluid" as a vice-grip.

    I believe that skinning is definately the way to go here. I know of xul,
    which in an xml based skinning formalism, but others here know of several
    alternatives, better suited for java.

    Thomas G. Marshall, Sep 17, 2003
  6. Russell Wallace

    Roedy Green Guest

    See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/laf.html

    and follow links. You could spend a long time looking over all the
    variants people have prepared.

    Roedy Green, Sep 17, 2003
  7. Thanks, everyone! These seem to be exactly the sort of things I'm
    looking for.

    Russell Wallace, Sep 18, 2003
  8. Russell Wallace <> horrified us with:

    ....[there once was a man from nansnippit]...

    Which way did you choose? The L&F or skinning?

    Thomas G. Marshall, Sep 18, 2003
  9. Haven't decided yet - I need to finish my current project before I
    start on the Java one. But I'm satisfied now that there are techniques
    for doing what I want, and I've kept the links and will investigate
    further once I'm ready to start.

    Russell Wallace, Sep 23, 2003