    Jak zapisaæ pêtlê for, aby po ka¿dej iteracji zmienna i1 zwiêksza³a siê o 2,
    a i2 o 4.

    Dziêki

    hokus, Sep 28, 2005

  2. hokus

    hokus Guest

    In english, how to write for loop to change i1 and i2 after each iterations?

    Thanks

    hokus, Sep 28, 2005

  3. hokus wrote on 28/09/05 :
    My Polish is rusty. Please try
    Thanks.

    --
    Emmanuel

    "It's specified. But anyone who writes code like that should be
    transmogrified into earthworms and fed to ducks." -- Chris Dollin CLC

    Emmanuel Delahaye, Sep 28, 2005
  4. hokus wrote on 28/09/05 :
    Please place your code in the body. I can't read the subject line (too
    small characters).

    --
    Emmanuel

    "Mal nommer les choses c'est ajouter du malheur au
    monde." -- Albert Camus.

    Emmanuel Delahaye, Sep 28, 2005
  5. (Sorry, I don't speak Polish, and Babelfish doesn't have Polish, either.)

    Exactly as you have in your subject line. Place multiple comma-separated
    items as the third part of the "for" statement.

    However, you can't put "int i1=0,i2=0" within the for statement (though
    this may be allowed in C99):

    int i1, i2;
    for ( i1=0, i2=0 ; i1<n1 && i2<n2 ; i1 += 2, i2 += 4 )

    Don't e-mail me at: <mailto:>

    Kenneth Brody, Sep 28, 2005
  6. sounds like you have drunk too much vodka

    John

    Bruintje Beer, Oct 1, 2005
  7. Bruintje Beer wrote on 01/10/05 :
    There is a name for that: 'préjugé' or worst, 'racism'. In my country,
    it's a crime.

    --
    Emmanuel

    I once asked an expert COBOL programmer, how to
    declare local variables in COBOL, the reply was:
    "what is a local variable?"

    Emmanuel Delahaye, Oct 1, 2005
  8. I imagine it was meant to be a joke.

    Certainly I don't regard it as racism - unless of course one is not
    allowed to make /any/ joke which disparages someone, since no matter
    what you say, it could be regarded as an -ism of some sort (racism,
    sexism, blondism, whatever).

    Mark McIntyre, Oct 1, 2005
  9. Mark McIntyre wrote on 02/10/05 :
    It was not.
    To emit a global judgement based on the origin of a person ? It is
    racism.

    Ok, we are off-topic...

    Emmanuel Delahaye, Oct 2, 2005
  10. How can you possibly know that it wasn't meant to be a joke? As it
    happens I didn't think it was a particularly good joke, but it was
    clearly meant to be humourous.
    I don't see any *judgement* in the original post - the judgement was
    made entirely by you.

    If I had ten pee for every time someone's characterised scotsmen as
    tight or unintelligible in a humorous moment, I'd be moderately
    wealthy, as Scotsmen go. Does it bother me? No. Do I regard it as
    racism? No.

    Racism is when you get beaten up for being the in the wrong pub, or
    for talking to a girl the wrong colour, or your house gets firebombed
    for living in the wrong area, or you get spat on in the bus for having
    a funny accent, or ...

    Get a sense of proportion.

    Mark McIntyre, Oct 2, 2005
  11. hokus

    Mark B Guest

    No, it's not.
    No, it's not.
    No, it's not. Although calling someone 'the wrong color' may be ;)
    Nope.

    or you get spat on in the bus for having
    Correct yours!

    Racism is discrimination based on 'race', hence the term 'racism'.
    Please note the difference between 'nationality' and 'race'.

    Mark B, Oct 3, 2005
  12. On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 15:57:19 GMT, in comp.lang.c , "Mark B"

    (I said)
    Grin.
    And all the things I listed were examples of that.

    Mark McIntyre, Oct 4, 2005
  13. hokus

    Joe Wright Guest

    Emmanuel, you have it wrong. It is not racist for the English to allude
    to the French as (insert insult here). It could be prejudice, a bad
    thing or it might be discrimination (an arguably good thing) but most of
    France and England share the same race.

    Racism, where it exists, is a very different and more dangerous
    situation. It is where the immigrant Mullah in Paris considers himself
    superior to his French hosts, the old British colonialist discoursing on
    the inferiority of the Indian "wogs". That's racism. And Wrong and Ugly.

    Commenting lightly on the Irish or Russian proclivity to drink does not
    rise to the level of exhibiting racism. Really.

    I've heard that the French actually cultivate garden snails as food!
    Disgusting! But not racist.

    You've said that prejudice and racism are somehow crimes in France. Can
    you elaborate? What would a racist have to do to excite the Gendarmerie?
    How would anybody (officially) know whether you prejudged something?

    My last racist ideas left me in the late 1960's when I discovered that
    all people are more alike than they are different, and that all blood is
    red and all mother's tears are salt. Racist == Stupid.

    Joe Wright, Oct 5, 2005
  14. Can you elaborate *somewhere else*, please?

    Keith Thompson, Oct 5, 2005
  15. hokus

    Alan Balmer Guest

    Not to be discriminatory or anything, but in spite of the subject
    heading, I think you guys are in the wrong newsgroup.

    Alan Balmer, Oct 5, 2005