    4. Why are there two versions of the increment operator? What's the
    difference between them?
    5. How can you use constants to improve your code?

    yltkhuu, Jan 28, 2008

  2. A: Do your own homework!

    Jensen Somers, Jan 28, 2008

  3. yltkhuu

    Rui Maciel Guest

    This reads an awful lot like homework. Is it?

    Rui Maciel

    Rui Maciel, Jan 28, 2008
  4. yltkhuu

    Default User Guest

    What are the advantages of students doing their own homework?

    Brian

    Default User, Jan 28, 2008
  5. yltkhuu

    Christopher Guest

    Please quit school and never take a job programming. I don't want to
    rely on anymore peers that can't do their own work, can't read for
    themselves, and don't know how to code beyond ctrl-c and ctrl-v, than
    I have to already.

    Christopher, Jan 28, 2008
  6. yltkhuu

    red floyd Guest

    The answers can be found here:

    http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/how-to-post.html#faq-5.2

    red floyd, Jan 28, 2008
  7. You should have provided the marks associated with each question.

    diligent.snail, Jan 28, 2008
  8. yltkhuu

    Mike Wahler Guest

    It helps orphans to create wide-screen games with C++.
    Advantage: The "using" directive would be earning a paycheck.
    Disadvantage: Someone has to provide funds for the paycheck.
    If the type stops coming when you call it by its old name.
    Two is better than one. The difference between them is one.
    If your code is constant, then nobody else can
    change it while you're not looking.

    -Mike

    Mike Wahler, Jan 28, 2008
  9. yltkhuu

    mike3 Guest

    How do you know this is a homework?

    mike3, Jan 29, 2008
  10. yltkhuu

    mike3 Guest

    What would be so bad about him NOT quitting, but then changing and
    deciding to do his own work? Furthermore, how do you know this is some
    sort of homework?

    mike3, Jan 29, 2008
  11. yltkhuu

    red floyd Guest

    1. The questions don't have anything to do with the subject line
    (except for #1).

    2. The remaining items, especially 3 and 5 are things that any C++
    programmer should know.

    red floyd, Jan 29, 2008
  12. What would be so bad about him NOT quitting, but then changing and
    deciding to do his own work? Furthermore, how do you know this is some
    sort of homework?

    Lol! I think it is pretty obvious. 5 totally unrelated questions easily
    covering the contents of a intro course curriculum. I've done enough
    homework myself to decern what cut and pasted homework looks like. I've also
    tutored enough students to know popular ways to get thier homework done.
    I've also had the un-pleasure of working with such people after they've cut
    and pasted thier way to a degree. The latter is something I would rather not
    ever be responsible for promoting.

    Homework aside, the format here show an obvious unwillingness to research
    the answers at all before posting. It also was not posted in relation to any
    attempt to code, rationalize possible answers, or offer any kind of thought
    whatsoever. Such questions do not warrant answers.

    Furthermore, how do we know you aren't the OP trying to convice us it isn't
    homework ;) Not that it would matter. Like I said, the format warrants no
    answers.

    Christopher Pisz, Jan 29, 2008
  13. yltkhuu

    Salt_Peter Guest

    Because there are no answers attempted or any attempts to think.
    The worst possible act would be to supply solutions.
    Obviously, he/she won't bother reading them.

    Salt_Peter, Jan 29, 2008
  14. hihi, so busted xD.

    michael.goossens, Jan 29, 2008
  15. Hahahahaha you've all made my day :)

    noagbodjivictor, Jan 29, 2008
  16. This is just one more evidence the newest games suck much more than
    ever :(

    We will never see again the energy, skill and creativity used in the
    Activision games made for Atari 2600 like Pitfall or Keystone Kapers
    or Pressure Cooker or Frostbite...

    Diego Martins, Jan 29, 2008
  17. yltkhuu

    yltkhuu Guest

    This is not my homework. My homework involves programming. These
    were the discussion questions in my book, which are not part of my
    homework. If they were, I would not post them here. This is a
    discussion group on programming in C++ for BEGINNERS. This discussion
    was meant for BEGINNER (hence the title). If I knew this would have
    so much assumption and backlash attached to it, I would have never
    posted it. I was seeking to discuss these things with BEGINNERS. I'm
    sorry for posting in the first place.

    yltkhuu, Jan 29, 2008
  18. yltkhuu

    Lars Uffmann Guest

    If you'd use a real name now, and give some better excuses, I might even
    be willing to believe you. The least you could've done was to give your
    own answers to the questions and ask about other opinions.

    Lars

    Lars Uffmann, Jan 29, 2008
  19. yltkhuu

    Salt_Peter Guest

    [rearranged inline]
    Discusion is a two-way street. Asking a question isn't a discussion.
    Its not a statement either. If you want a discussion, at least attempt
    to expose your thoughts. If thats too difficult for you, then it is
    homework.

    This newsgroup is not for BEGINNERS.
    Read the FAQ:
    http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/classes-and-objects.html

    Salt_Peter, Jan 29, 2008
  20. yltkhuu

    yltkhuu Guest

    This was my actual homework, which wasn't difficult. I find the
    discussion questions more difficult.

    #include <iostream>
    #include <cstdlib>

    int main()
    {
    using namespace std;
    int scoreOne, scoreTwo, scoreThree;
    int total;
    int average;
    // getting the information
    cout << "If you give me your three scores, I'll tell you how good
    you are";
    cout << " ...on average.\n\n";
    cout << "What's your first score? Type it here: ";
    cin >> scoreOne;
    cout << "Your first score:" << scoreOne << endl;
    cout << "What's your second score? Type that here, too: ";
    cin >> scoreTwo;
    cout << "Your second score:" << scoreTwo << endl;
    cout << "Last, but not least, your third score: ";
    cin >> scoreThree;
    cout << "Your third score:" << scoreThree << endl;
    // displaying results
    total = scoreOne + scoreTwo + scoreThree;
    cout << "Your score total is " << total << endl;
    average = total / 3;
    cout << "Your score average is " << average << endl;
    system("PAUSE");
    return 0;
    }

    yltkhuu, Jan 29, 2008