Hash search and Interpolation search ?

Reaction score
I did not understand the logic of Hash search and Interpolation search in C programming, if anyone knows, can they briefly explain it to me? What is logic and where do I use it? How is it used on the code?I am beginner so please explain easily :)

Reaction score
The interpolation search algorithm is a slight variation of the binary search algorithm.

Suggestion: Learn the binary search, then read the "interpolation search" Wikipedia article.

Reaction score
Hashing uses functions or algorithms to map object data into a representative integer value. A hash table in C (associative array) is a data structure that maps keys to values. It uses a hash function to compute the index for the key. Based on the hash table index, we can store the value at the appropriate location.

Interpolation search is an improved variant of binary search. This search algorithm works on the probing position of the required value. For this algorithm to work properly, the data collection must be in sorted and equally distributed form.

Ask a Question