Hello, there!

Joined
Mar 3, 2021
Messages
15
Reaction score
4
Hello! New member, old coder here. I've been programming since I was a kid and have barely missed a day. My favorite languages are C/C++, Perl, and Java, though I spend most of my work days writing Python, at the moment (eww..., whitespace). I love any kind of code, but I do a lot of server scripting, a bit of robotics, and, at the moment, I'm tinkering with a terminal UI library (C++). But, I've made games, websites, and God knows what else, so I hope that I can help those that are getting into programming and connect with those that have been at it for a while.

Ad

Joined
Mar 3, 2021
Messages
15
Reaction score
4
Oh, nothing published. Proof of concepts and the like, just tinkering. Side-scrolling combat in Pygame, a geography game in Qt for mobiles, a bunch of little stuff in Game Maker, on and on. I keep wanting to try Unity. It seems to handle all of the hard stuff but can get out of the way quick when you want it to. I should have a bunch of assets and modules from Humble Bundle lying around, too. I like building the engine but I don't have an artistic bone in my body, so I can't really publish without a team. Have you made any? Or tinkered?

Joined
Apr 25, 2017
Messages
178
Reaction score
23
Oh, nothing published. Proof of concepts and the like, just tinkering. Side-scrolling combat in Pygame, a geography game in Qt for mobiles, a bunch of little stuff in Game Maker, on and on. I keep wanting to try Unity. It seems to handle all of the hard stuff but can get out of the way quick when you want it to. I should have a bunch of assets and modules from Humble Bundle lying around, too. I like building the engine but I don't have an artistic bone in my body, so I can't really publish without a team. Have you made any? Or tinkered?
I more on android side . I have developed an app for property management .

Ad

Joined
Mar 3, 2021
Messages
15
Reaction score
4
Neat. Is that a side gig or your day job? I code a lot in my free time, but I've never done anything I'd monetize. I should really wise up.

Ad

Joined
Mar 3, 2021
Messages
15
Reaction score
4
Nah, full time coder. Security, science data, websites, code of all kinds, but all someone else's project, no money in all of my side projects. Not that it matters much, I learn a lot writing them and that's why I write them in the first place. But, I always entertain the idea of trying to make a mobile app/game that has a bunch of rewrites of all the simple games I find, like sudoku, Wordscapes, Tetris, Bejeweled, etc. Each would be easy enough, I think, and different enough to keep it interesting. But, starting new projects is hard, so I just keep working on old stuff.