Hello, there!

Joined
Mar 3, 2021
Messages
240
Reaction score
30
Hello! New member, old coder here. I've been programming since I was a kid and have barely missed a day. My favorite languages are C/C++, Perl, and Java, though I spend most of my work days writing Python, at the moment (eww..., whitespace). I love any kind of code, but I do a lot of server scripting, a bit of robotics, and, at the moment, I'm tinkering with a terminal UI library (C++). But, I've made games, websites, and God knows what else, so I hope that I can help those that are getting into programming and connect with those that have been at it for a while.

Joined
Mar 3, 2021
Messages
240
Reaction score
30
Oh, nothing published. Proof of concepts and the like, just tinkering. Side-scrolling combat in Pygame, a geography game in Qt for mobiles, a bunch of little stuff in Game Maker, on and on. I keep wanting to try Unity. It seems to handle all of the hard stuff but can get out of the way quick when you want it to. I should have a bunch of assets and modules from Humble Bundle lying around, too. I like building the engine but I don't have an artistic bone in my body, so I can't really publish without a team. Have you made any? Or tinkered?

Joined
Apr 25, 2017
Messages
248
Reaction score
32
Oh, nothing published. Proof of concepts and the like, just tinkering. Side-scrolling combat in Pygame, a geography game in Qt for mobiles, a bunch of little stuff in Game Maker, on and on. I keep wanting to try Unity. It seems to handle all of the hard stuff but can get out of the way quick when you want it to. I should have a bunch of assets and modules from Humble Bundle lying around, too. I like building the engine but I don't have an artistic bone in my body, so I can't really publish without a team. Have you made any? Or tinkered?
I more on android side . I have developed an app for property management .

Joined
Mar 3, 2021
Messages
240
Reaction score
30
Neat. Is that a side gig or your day job? I code a lot in my free time, but I've never done anything I'd monetize. I should really wise up.

Joined
Mar 3, 2021
Messages
240
Reaction score
30
Nah, full time coder. Security, science data, websites, code of all kinds, but all someone else's project, no money in all of my side projects. Not that it matters much, I learn a lot writing them and that's why I write them in the first place. But, I always entertain the idea of trying to make a mobile app/game that has a bunch of rewrites of all the simple games I find, like sudoku, Wordscapes, Tetris, Bejeweled, etc. Each would be easy enough, I think, and different enough to keep it interesting. But, starting new projects is hard, so I just keep working on old stuff.