Help - aspx Pages Not Working Correctly on My Web Server

Joey

Hello guys,

I am using Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Enterprise edition. Yesterday
I installed IIS from the "Application Server" category in Add/Remove
Windows components. Afterwards I also installed asp.net from there.
But then I discovered I really need asp.net 2.0. Since I already have
the 2.0 framework installed on my server, I went to the IIS snap in
and changed asp.net to version 2.0 there. I also checked server
extensions to make sure asp.net 2.0 is allowed.

But now my problem...My aspx pages will not load. As a test I created
a very simple html page and named it default.aspx. When I click on it
in Windows Explorer, I get a download prompt. When I choose open, it
prompts me again with the download prompt. If I browse the aspx page,
I just get a blank browser window.

What can I do to get this working properly?

Joey

You can't just click or double click on it, with Explorer- you must access
it as a web page, on a web serverhttp://servernamd/default.aspx

David Wier
MVP/ASPInsiderhttp://aspnet101.comhttp://iwritepro.com

Yeah I know. Sorry about not being clear on that. The real problem is
that it just shows a blank page when I try to hit it with a browser.