help in writing code for modified booths radix4 algorithm using

Devesh Kishore

hi
can any one help in writing vhdl for " modified booth radix4 algorithm using wallace tree". please do help

Rob Gaddi

hi
can any one help in writing vhdl for " modified booth radix4 algorithm using wallace tree". please do help

This is now the third time you've asked this question between
comp.lang.vhdl and comp.arch.fpga in about a 12 hour span.

When I want to perform a multiply in VHDL, I do something like the
following.

variable a : unsigned(3 downto 0);
variable b : unsigned(3 downto 0);
variable c : unsigned(7 downto 0);
c := a * b;

And allow the tools to figure out how to perform the multiply,
usually by using one of the built-in dedicated multipliers in
the FPGA I'm using. But I'm going to go out on a wild limb and
guess that, rather than actually needing to perform a
multiplication, you're needing to solve a homework problem.

We are not your professors or tutors. We don't get paid to help
you with your homework. What help you receive, you will get
from the goodness of our collective hearts, by way of our very full
hands. That your assignment deadline is near is a problem that impacts
you and you alone.

That said, folks are willing to try to help you learn how to solve
these sorts of problems, but not to do your work for you. What,
specifically, are you not understanding about how to implement your
algorithm? Can you draw it out on paper, with gates and flip-flops,
and are just having trouble translating that into code? Or are you not
getting the algorithm itself?

Do try to be respectful of people's time when you answer. That means
a) providing detail about what is and is not working for you and b)
complete sentences written in proper English and punctuated as if you
actually give a damn.

Cheers.