Help needed to start with RoR

Rushabh Hathi

Hi,
I am a new guy to enter the world of RoR.
I am still in my college and will be graduating in September this year.
I have worked a bit in RoR but all of my projects were non commercial
and made just for fun and learning.Now I am seriously thinking of making
a career in RoR.
I would like to know what are the prospects and what is a good place to
start with ?
I mean materials to learn RoR .....

Thanks for the time and help in advance.

Josh Cheek

I am a new guy to enter the world of RoR.
I am still in my college and will be graduating in September this year.
I have worked a bit in RoR but all of my projects were non commercial
and made just for fun and learning.Now I am seriously thinking of making
a career in RoR.
I would like to know what are the prospects and what is a good place to
start with ?
I mean materials to learn RoR .....

Thanks for the time and help in advance.
You'd probably get better information on a Rails list (this is a Ruby list),
but I'd highly recommend the guides (http://guides.rubyonrails.org/) for
understanding Rails, and Railscasts (http://railscasts.com/) to see how
others have addressed common issues.

Hashmal

Among others:

* http://guides.rubyonrails.org/
* http://railscasts.com/
* Agile Web Development with Rails (The Pragmatic Programmers)
* Deploying Rails Applications (The Pragmatic Programmers), unless you
plan to work only with Heroku

Also, I wouldn't lock me in a "RoR" context and I'd look for articles
about Ruby (without Rails), there are tons of good tips and habits to
learn from various websites and books.

Oh, and did I mention testing? Do it a lot, it seems boring at first but
one day you will be saved by it... The subject is addressed in the
above-mentioned resources.

Bill Felton

I've found Beginning Rails 3 to be very valuable.
FWIW, I like it better than Agile Web Development with Rails as it is =
quite a bit more detailed.=20

Among others:
=20