Help!! redirect classic asp page to asp.net 2.0 page using queryst

Guest

I made an application which includes classic asp page and asp.net page.
when I tried to redirect from classic asp page to asp.net 2.0 page, it works
under my local IIS directory.

ex)

However, When I copy that application into one of IIS directory in another
intranet server, it doesn't work.
Both of them seems to configure same.
however the application within another intranet server still doesn't work.
what should I do?

please help.....

Jeff Dillon

Of course you've done basic troubleshooting...like testing with hardcoded
values like

Guest

this is error message body

Server Error in '/Life/NSB/IS4030_OJS' Application

Object variable or With block variable not set.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object variable or With
block variable not set.

Source Error:

Line 124: <grouptemplateheader>
Line 125: <tr>
Line 126: <td class="table1_region_row"
colspan="11"><%#Container.DataItem("REGION")%></td>
Line 127: </tr>
Line 128: </grouptemplateheader>

Source File: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Life\NSB\IS4030_OJS\default.aspx Line: 126

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object variable or With block variable not set.]
Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Container..ctor(Object Instance)
+247156

Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.InternalLateIndexGet(Object
Instance, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Boolean ReportErrors,
ResolutionFailure& Failure) +71
Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateIndexGet(Object
Instance, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames) +22
ASP.default_aspx.__DataBind__control12(Object sender, EventArgs e) in
C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Life\NSB\IS4030_OJS\default.aspx:126
System.Web.UI.Control.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e) +99
System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind(Boolean raiseOnDataBinding) +206
System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind() +12
System.Web.UI.Control.DataBindChildren() +216
System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind(Boolean raiseOnDataBinding) +216
System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind() +12

SubtotalRepeater.Utils.Webcontrols.GroupingRepeater.GroupingRepeater_PreRender(Object
sender, EventArgs e) in
C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Life\NSB\IS4030_OJS\App_Code\GroupingRepeater.vb:312
System.Web.UI.Control.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +2066972
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +21
includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1360

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET
Version:2.0.50727.42

I use the value of the "store" as part of SQL query to display.
I guess it don't take the querystring value correctly.
MY QUESTION WOULD BE
why???
howcome it works perfectly under one IIS but not under other IIS?

Jeff Dillon

your object is not set (per the error message)

Like I said, use basic troubleshooting. Sounds like you are not connected to
the database correctly to me. What database, and where does it reside?

Does it work if your remove your SQL code? I suspect it does. Then trouble
shoot from there. Make sure you have a valid connection..etc etc

Jeff

KenLee said:
this is error message body

Server Error in '/Life/NSB/IS4030_OJS' Application.

Object variable or With block variable not set.
about

Jeff Dillon said:
Of course you've done basic troubleshooting...like testing with hardcoded
values like

Jeff Dillon

Also, what does your connection string look like

Jeff Dillon said:
Of course you've done basic troubleshooting...like testing with hardcoded
values like

Guest

OK...

this application works. the code works fine.
How do I know?
It works perfectly under my IIS. first page is asp page and then if I click
the link then it direct to another asp.net page.
So, I like to move all files for this application into another IIS server.
but it doesn't work in another IIS server.
I can open first asp page but after clicking the link then it shows the
errors like below.
I compared the two IIS with asp.net version and so on for IIS configuration.
everything seems same.

Jeff Dillon said:
Of course you've done basic troubleshooting...like testing with hardcoded
values like

I made an application which includes classic asp page and asp.net page.
when I tried to redirect from classic asp page to asp.net 2.0 page, it
works
under my local IIS directory.

ex)

However, When I copy that application into one of IIS directory in
another
intranet server, it doesn't work.
Both of them seems to configure same.
however the application within another intranet server still doesn't
work.
what should I do?

please help.....

Jeff Dillon

If you want to ignore my advice, that is ok with me. Good luck. I told you
why it's working on one computer and not the other.

Jeff

KenLee said:
this is error message body

Server Error in '/Life/NSB/IS4030_OJS' Application.

Object variable or With block variable not set.
the
about

:

Of course you've done basic troubleshooting...like testing with
hardcoded
values like

I made an application which includes classic asp page and asp.net
page.
when I tried to redirect from classic asp page to asp.net 2.0 page,
it
works
under my local IIS directory.

ex)

However, When I copy that application into one of IIS directory in
another
intranet server, it doesn't work.
Both of them seems to configure same.
however the application within another intranet server still doesn't
work.
what should I do?

please help.....

Guest

Thanks Jeff.
I got the clue with your question.
I use connectionstring as a name so that the other server don't catch that.
it happened before however I forgot.
however, I still not quite sure why machine I worked on allow me use
connectionstring as name of connectionstring but not in the other server.

thanks

Jeff Dillon said:
Of course you've done basic troubleshooting...like testing with hardcoded
values like

I made an application which includes classic asp page and asp.net page.
when I tried to redirect from classic asp page to asp.net 2.0 page, it
works
under my local IIS directory.

ex)

However, When I copy that application into one of IIS directory in
another
intranet server, it doesn't work.
Both of them seems to configure same.
however the application within another intranet server still doesn't
work.
what should I do?

please help.....

Jeff Dillon

Sorry, I don't understand this English:

"I still not quite sure why machine I worked on allow me use
connectionstring as name of connectionstring but not in the other server"

Perhaps on one machine you had a SYSTEM dsn set up, but not on the other.