    Once you have a program in a text file (usually with the extension .py),
    you run it at the OS terminal prompt by typing:
    python myprogram.py

    Dave Angel, May 15, 2014

  2. Simon Evans

    Rustom Mody Guest

    It was because I thought I saw such a mixup in your earlier posts that
    I suggested you start with the python tutorial :)
    You probably need the above line
    And you need to preceded the other lines at the python (not shell) prompt

    On the whole it may be a good idea to put aside the book and just follow the quick start http://www.crummy.com/software/BeautifulSoup/bs4/doc/#quick-start

    at the python prompt

    Rustom Mody, May 15, 2014