how do I make the "resizeTo() "command work only for specified page, not for every subsequent page

Jules Flynn

what seems quite a simple problem but I'm not sure how to get round
it:

my web site relies on the opening of "pop-up" windows at specific
sizes (don't worry - the windows are requested by the visitor) in
order to display art-work.

However at some point I've had to use the resizeTo(400, 500) command
- after this has been done all subsequent "pop-up" windows open to
this size rather than the size they're supposed to.

The browser seems to assume that all subsequent windows want to be
opened to (400, 500)

can anybody help

you can check out the site: www.selfportrait.artimedia.co.uk

thanks

jules

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Jules said:
my web site relies on the opening of "pop-up" windows at specific
sizes (don't worry - the windows are requested by the visitor)

I you would have bothered to read previous discussions,
you would have known that popups are evil[tm] anyway
and that you therefore cannot rely on them.
in order to display art-work.
?

However at some point I've had to use the resizeTo(400, 500) command

No, you do not *have* to nor do you want to use that.
window.resizeTo() breaks with tabbed browsing, e.g.
- after this has been done all subsequent "pop-up" windows open to
this size rather than the size they're supposed to.

That is the default behavior. Child windows
copy the features of their parent window.
The browser seems to assume that all subsequent windows want to be
opened to (400, 500)
Exactly.

can anybody help

Ask Google (Groups) about the window.open() method.

PointedEars